The ABS + Equus Innova 3160 Diagnostic Code Scanner Professional CanOBDII meets the needs of the professional for a full-featured anti-lock braking system (ABS) and OBDII scannner and yet it is simple enough for the weekend DIY mechanic to use. It comes with many features like the patented back lit display, the 25 items of important information at the same time, thus abolishing the need for time consuming and frustrating shows through various menus and sub-menus, scroll-down menus.Default information is displayed in English, but you can choose whether the information in the advertisement is also available in Spanish or French.
The Equus Innova 3160 provides SAE Enhanced Live information in the graphs and can playback live PCM data streams. With these features, whether a weekend or a professional, you can then decide on the priority of the live data values (PID) for the rapid analysis and review. The Equus 3160 can also be bi-directional tests, the capture of the vehicle ID and Oxygen Sensor delivering results.
Another useful feature is the anti-lock braking system (ABS) ABS diagnosis of various problems to solve, whether it with the speed sensors, control modules, brake switches, pumps, motors or solenoids and more, on most post-1996 Chrysler, Ford and GM vehicles. So, if your vehicle has a “check engine” or “Check ABS” warning light is on, you only need a tool that Equus Innova 3160 – To resolve the problem.
The Equus 3160 was developed with the capability to transmit data emissions from vehicles with OBDII-based systems to read, to check vehicle emissions readiness. The simplicity of the application is that it is permanently fitted to a simple LED color-coded system in which red does not mean, “yellow means the potential” problems “and to give green means’ so that users are able to Emission problems quickly with the Equus Innova Diagnostic 3160th
Most states now also an OBDII based system for emissions readiness, in vehicles, therefore, considerit is more important than ever to recognize the OBD2 emissions condition of your vehicle and keep it in tip-top condition. The Equus Innova 3160 reads exactly the same data as the emissions of these state-administered tests, it is able to help you measure your chances of passing the emissions test on the first try.
In summary, the device is the ABS + Professional CanOBDII Diagnostic Code Scanner is a powerful diagnostic tool for the professional and yet it is easy enough to use, meetingthe needs of the week-end or DIY mechanic and adapt to the choice of the vehicle.
The Equus 3160 Innova Internet connectivity makes for easy software updates, and protects your investments obsolete. You can now have a professional diagnostic tool, with powerful multi-functions, which rely on the years to come.
What is OBD?
The Enhanced OBD2 Scan Tool is designed to work on all OBD2 compliant vehicles. All 1996 and newer vehicles (cars, light trucks and SUVs) sold in the United States are OBD2 compliant. One of the most exciting improvements in the automobile industry was the addition of onboard diagnostics (OBD) on vehicles, or in more basic terms, the computer that activates the vehicle’s “CHECK ENGINE” light. OBD1 was designed to monitor manufacturer-specific systems on vehicles built from 1981 to 1995. Then came the development of OBD2, which is on all 1996 cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. Like its predecessor, OBD2 was adopted as part of a government mandate to lower vehicle emissions. But what makes OBD2 unique is its universal application for all late model cars and trucks – domestic and import. This sophisticated program in the vehicle’s main computer system is designed to detect failures in a range of systems, and can be accessed through a universal OBD2 port, which is usually found under the dashboard. For all OBD systems, if a problem is found, the computer turns on the “CHECK ENGINE” light to warn the driver, and sets a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) to identify where the problem occurred. A special diagnostic tool, such as the Enhanced OBD2 Scan Tool, is required to retrieve these codes, which consumers and professionals use as a starting point for repairs.
The Enhanced OBD2 Scan Tool provides the additional ability to retrieve enhanced DTCs from most Chrysler/Jeep, General Motors, Ford, Mazda and Isuzu vehicles. The types of enhanced data available depends on the vehicle make. Chrysler/Jeep, Ford/Mazda, GM/Izusu, Honda/Acura and Toyota/Lexus vehicles, as well as Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) DTCs and vehicle information. The types of enhanced data available depends on the vehicle make.
- Reads ‘check engine’ light warnings on all 1996 and newer cars, light trucks, SUVs and minivans, domestic and import — including C.A.N. (Controller Area Network)
- Diagnoses ABS codes on most 1996 and newer GM, Ford & Chrysler vehicles.
- Features unique patented back-lit, all-in-one screen display which allows for simultaneous viewing of 25 data points without changing menus in low light conditions.
- Provides SAE enhanced Live Data (view, record and live PCM data plays back streams), displays freeze frame data, automatically refreshes updates data every 30 seconds when connected to the vehicle, and is flash updatable with a standard Windows PC.
- Comes with access to additional online vehicle diagnostics through CanOBD2.com’s RepairSolutions program.
Key Product Features:
- Professional OBD2 generic scan tool all 1996 and newer cars, light trucks, and SUVs – domestic, Asian and European Import.
- Diagnoses ABS codes on 1996 and newer GM, Ford and Chrysler vehicles.
- Features unique patented all-in-one backlit screen and LED display for quick state emissions readiness check and drive cycle verification.
- Retrieves OEM enhanced and transmission DTCs.
- Communicates with all OBD2 protocols: C.A.N. (Controller Area Network), ISO 9141, J1850PWM, J1850VPW, KWP 2000 ISO 14230-4.
- Provides SAE enhanced live Data – views, records, and plays back* live PCM data streams.
- Displays freeze frame data.
- Includes Spanish and French interface and definitions (selected by a menu command).
- Retrieves OBD2 DTCs: generic codes (P0, P2, P3, and U0) / manufacturer specific codes (P1, P3, and U1).
- Unit can be flash updated with a standard Windows PC (OBD-PC Link software required / included with tool).
- Memory / battery backup for off-car review and analysis.
- Comes with access to CanOBD2.com RepairSolutions which gives trouble code definitions, a full diagnostic report, probable causes, most likely fix to DTC’s, repair costs and more.